Tuesday 15 October 2013

BDJ Box : October '13 Express It! Queen of Extreme Unboxing

Hooray!  My first BDJ Box Subscription arrived!!!


This month's theme:
Express It: Queen of Extreme

Brandline:
M A Y B E L L I N E  New York

I received a curated box which is quite sturdy and being a recycling enthusiast this box is not going anywhere unused :D

The box is a bit small from reviews I received, so I was curious and opened it at once.  The box is initially covered by a book cover-like hard paper indicating the theme for this month.  So from this alone, you know that it is a full line make-up from Maybelline.  Well, I had been a Maybelline user and most of my make-up are from Maybelline.  Initially, I thought I was going to be disappointed since I was expecting something new... but then again, why should I complain, I am a Maybelline user which meant I no longer have to shell out too much money on buying these products when my stocks get exhausted :D

Going bock to my unboxing:



Let us have a walk-through to all that I got:

Baby Lips Runway Brights in Pink Peony

A lipbalm with a hint of color.  We had gotten used to colorless lipbalms but for those who have natural looking lips who aren't used to putting too much lipsticks, this is a go.  The color isn't that much pigmented but would give just a hint of color for your lips without drying it.

I have once indicated in my previous blog how my daughter loves lipgloss and lipbalms.  This is not an exemption.  As soon as I opened the box, the first thing she grabbed was this and made a claim on it :D

Volum' Express Rocket Mascara in Black



Now I am sure I won't be running out of mascaras soon.  I got a lot of stocks now in different brands that I will get to try.  However this is my first time to try this out from Maybelline.  It claims to have a fast glide formula that will give you thick and beautiful lashes in just a moment.


picture courtesy of Maybelline.com.uk
It boast of micro bristles for even application from roots to tips and a rigid core to achieve sleek volume instantly. 






Clear Smooth BB Stick 8-in-1 Skin Transformer in Fresh

For a clear and smooth base in 1 go. This anti-shine powder in a stick provides 8 different skin benefits:
Controls Shine
Lasts all Day (up to 12 hours)
Clears dark spots
Refines. reduces appearance of skin pores
Conceals
Evens skin tone
Smoothens skin
Protects with SPF21 

OK.  I had been wanting to try this eversince I saw one in a grocery store.  I am a BB cream lover, so this one is something new coming from a stick.  However, I am not sure if the color provided to me is applicable for my skin color.  I'll try make some swatches at a Maybelline store first before I try out this one.


Cheeky Glow in  Peachy Sweetie
This one just came in time since I don't have a blush to use. I can play wih this color since I can definitely use it at work without looking too much made up.

Clear Smooth All in One Shine-Free Foundation in Honey
Again, I am not sure if the shade given to me is appropriate for my skin tone, but will try to take a swatch first.  This shade may be a little too light for me.



Color Sensational Lasting Lipcolor in Coral Crush
I am not sure if the color is again appropriate for me to wear on a daily use but I just acquired a red lipstick which I couldn't wear alone, so I usually mix it up with a nude color to lighten it up.. might be able to use lip color for the same purpose.  Actual color is lighter, so I need to darken it a bit :)


EyeStudio Master EyeLiner in Black
Now this one, I literally cried. Why?..because I just bought one and still in its original packaging. huhuhu.. If I knew I'm gonna receive this, I wouldn't have bought one.  Sayang ang 399... oh well, I can always keep it as spare :D  This is one of my must haves in my kikay kit (lipcolor, eyeliner, mascara, face powder)


Along with the maybelline products, I also received these:
a voucher for a free makeup remover
An ATM type membership card where you can earn points for free products

A welcome card from BDJ

A guide to get the Queen of Extreme Look


So was the Php580 beauty box subscription worth it?


Doing the math, all the products (excluding the coupons and membership card) cost about Php P1973, which is 3x more than the subscription amount.  Do I need to say more?

For more inquiries and if you are interested in subscribing please visit the BDJ Box website.

Have you opened your BDJ Box already.  Please do share what you got. I would be happy to hear from you ..


Thanks and see you in my next unboxing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment