Friday 18 October 2013

My Bucket List



We are quite familiar with the word "Bucket List".  I myself thought it is just simply a list of things you wanted to do or sort of like a "New year's Resolution".  However, there is a slight difference between the two.

A resolution lasts for a year but most of the time are not fulfilled and can be renewed annually :).  A resolution is some sort of reflection to what we have done and what we could change.

However, a bucket list is something that you would like to do at least once in your lifetime.  How do we define a "Bucket List"?





(from http://www.merriam-webster.com)


Definition of BUCKET LIST:
A list of things that one has not done before but wants to do before dying 


Origin of BUCKET LIST:

from the phrase "kick the bucket" or "to die"


First Known Use: 2006




In 2007, an American comedy-drama movie "The Bucket List" starred by Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson popularized the concept.  I have watched it and was moved by the story.  Two unlikely friendship bloomed which brought them to make a list of things they wanted to do before they "kick the bucket".  I highly recommend this movie if you haven't watched it yet.

image taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bucket_list_poster.jpg


I actually created my own and I still have a long way to go.  Here are some of my bucket list that I wanted to share to you, although this is not the complete list.  I included some of the list I wanted to do since I was a kid (eventhough I didn't understand the concept yet).  Most of the list were kind of personal because I was once bullied and ridiculed.  So I made it a point that I excel in something once in my life.

Here is some of the list. I had already crossed-out the items that were accomplished.

1. Be a school achiever
2. Be able to sing in front of a crowd
3. Be able to dance in front of a crowd
6. Do a practical joke
4. Join a fashion show
5. Join a theatrical show
6. Be a scholar
7. Get away from home and be independent
8. Win a beauty contest
9. Travel abroad and have my passport stamped :D
10. Have at least 10 domestic leisure trips (4 done - 6 to go)
11. Have at least 5 international trips (1 down - 4 to go)
12. Buy a house of my own
13. Have a car of my own
14. Have another house with garage and spare rooms for my personal activities and hobbies
16. Watch my daughter graduate, have a job and a family
17. Have a son
18. Be the boss of my own full time business.
19. Be a known blogger
20. Look a minimum of 5 years younger than my age when I reach my 40s
21. Make a dress from scratch. Learn the basics of sewing clothes.
22. Bake a cake
23. Bake brownies and butterscotch
24. Organize a party
25. Intimate beach wedding




There goes my initial lists which I sorted out for this blog post.  Do you have a bucket list?

Want to share your thoughts?


xoxo
WINNIE








No comments:

Post a Comment